![]() |
| Basting a ham the first time I hosted Thanksgiving. |
Through this blog I plan to cover everything from how to prepare different veggies, what knife should you be using, do you need an instant pot, should you order whole allspice berries off Amazon or should you just use the ground kind at Walmart? And many, many more questions I have asked myself!
My journey into cooking began over a variety of different ways. I have always loved ready food blogs and cookbooks and when I struck out on my own with my sister and her then boyfriend I was determined to prove that I could feed us all. Unfortunately, this ended up with the disastrous jalapeno pretzel chicken in which I forgot the jalapeno. So really just super dry, bland chicken bites.
![]() |
| My first apple pie. |
My big break came when I found my roommates copy of Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook. The inside cover had picture examples of how to do different cuts (think dice, mince, rough chop, etc.), different substitutions for missing ingredients. It was life changing! That combined with getting better tools made cooking fun, easy, and something that I do almost every day!
I look forward to sharing my tips and tricks with you. If you have an specific topics you would like me to discuss, feel free to leave a comment or shoot me a message.
Made with Love,
Hayley



No comments:
Post a Comment